Emerging Systems EHS is a leading edge and award winning, web-based clinical information system developed by clinicians to improve clinical decision making and optimise patient health outcomes.
Developed in Australia by clinicians working in major public and private hospitals, EHS works the way that doctors, nurses and allied health staff work, reflecting the changes in practice as fast as they happen.
EHS is an integrated system providing users with a single sign on view of the entire patient episode with no need to log in and out of several systems to get the information required.
From collecting vital patient pre-admission information, through to documenting medical history, ordering procedures and tests, automating care guides based on risk assessments through to discharge planning and sending discharge summaries through to general practitioners, EHS tracks and records the patient's progress while optimising patient outcomes. All of the data collected forms an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Wherever clinical staff need access, EHS can be accessed through a range of devices including mobile devices such as iPad and Android devices enabling timely and better informed decision making while improving patient outcomes.
EHS is a proven clinical information system and workforce management tool which has been implemented successfully for over a decade in leading public, private and enterprise healthcare organisations
- Support the efficiency of care delivery.
- Improve patient outcomes using automated risk assessments clinical pathways, nursing diagnoses & outcomes.
- Provide doctors, nurses and allied health practitioners access to all of the clinical information relating to their patients assist in timely clinical decision making.
- Improve patient flow through the hospital utilising improved communication between clinicians
- Increase staff retention through better access to information
- Optimise workforce management through EHS predictive workforce resource calculation
- Provide secure access to clinical information using a range of devices including the iPad
- Support consistency of practice.
Importantly, EHS supports national Quality and Safety health service standards regarding:
- Patient identification
- Clinical handover
- Recognition and responding to clinical deterioration
- Medication safety
- Preventing falls and harm from falls
- Preventing and managing pressure injuries
EHS is highly usable allowing new users to pick it up in less than half an hour of training
Survey Analysis has shown that nearly half the respondents rated useability as the key component to a successful implementation of an EMR within a healthcare environment according to Healthcare IT News.
Emerging Systems invests between 15 – 20 per cent of its income on research and development to constantly improve and keep up with the changing world of e-health.
Our EHS system is future proofed through continuous development, giving your hospital management peace of mind that they system will remain relevant for years to come.
Therefore, if your hospital or healthcare facility has issues with:
- Access to information
- Duplication – asking patients the same questions throughout their episode of care
- Communication breakdown leading to reduced patient flow and increased length of stay
- Nurses who are too busy filling out paperwork rather than spending time with their patients
- Document tracking and management
- Illegible handwriting
- Orders & results tracking
- Increased patient risk due to non-adherence to set protocols
- Increased patient risk due to poor clinical handover on discharge from hospital or other healthcare facility
- Current systems which are slow, difficult to use or which need users to move through several systems to get to the right page
- Clinical systems which are not integrated causing the users frustration
- Non predictive staff resourcing resulting in higher staffing costs
Emerging Systems have the solution to improve clinical decision making while reducing patient risk and improving patient flow.
EHS is an affordable, high value Clinical Information System which forms part of the Patient Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The system is accessible by the entire multi-disciplinary team to improve and streamline the clinical communication pathway providing:
- Single sign on access and authentication for all clinical staff
- Real time snapshot of all activity relating to a patient
- Reduced duplication of information between episodes of care or when transferring patients between linked facilities
- Automated clinical care guides and pathways based on individual patient assessments including risk profiling leading to consistent, high quality care and reduced patient risk
- Fast, simple, accurate communication between clinicians enabling timely clinical decision making
- Automated clinical ordering & results viewing for pathology, radiology, nuclear medicine and other departments. Non-clinical orders for catering, transportation enable better communication and use of resources.
- Automation of processes reduces the amount of time spent on paperwork allowing staff to spend more time with their patients and enabling better job satisfaction.
- Legible and authenticated data captured and displayed on easy to read screens
- Reduces interruptions leading to greater workforce productivity
Benefits of our Modular EHS System
As hospitals and healthcare facilities have differing needs and budgets, our modular approach enables clients to select and implement the best solution for their hospital or facility.
To further enable a successful implementation, clients can gradually introduce modules for an effective EMR implementation.
EHS is a highly affordable solution which is scalable to the size of the organisation.
EHS Modules: View EHS Module Map
- Pre- Admission
- Clinical Orders
- Clinical Results
- Patient Registration
- Admission, Discharge & Transfer
- Medical History
- Progress Notes
- Medications Reconciliation
- Allergies & Alerts
- Care Guides
- Risk Assessments
- General Assessments
- Clinical Messaging
- Quick Ward Rounds
- Labour & Birth Record
- Maternity Assessments
- Maternity Reporting
- Patient Lists
- Mass Casualty Incident
- Specialist Letters
- Discharge Summaries
- Nursing Referrals
- Event Summaries
- GP Connect
- Clinical Handover
- Staff Rostering
- Staff Allocation
- Workforce Resource Calculation
- Clinical Dashboard (KPI's)
- Staff Messaging
- System Administration
- Reporting & Printing
- Report Writer
- Document Management
EHS communicates with other systems through:
- Integration Engine
- Active Directory
- Smart Cards
- External Systems – HL7 2.x; XML etc.
- HI Service – IHI, HPII, HPIO
- EHS Mobile Device AccessClinical Document Architecture (CDA) Document Support
- Secure Message Delivery (SMD) & End Point Location Services (ELS)